Canadian Online Casinos Best List
For the best list of Canadian online casinos, you've come to the right place. We have the top real money gambling sites that are licensed and secured no matter what province you live in. Information on gambling laws, how to choose the best sites, and what bonuses can do for you can all be found below.
Surprising Canadian Online Casino Gambling Facts
- Canada is ranked number eight in the world for online gambling with at least 18.6 million people actively enjoying Canadian online casinos. British Columbia, Ontario, and Quebec have their own gambling sites.
- At least $4 billion is spent every year on gambling.
- 40% of all female gamblers in the country use their mobile phones.
- 72% of all real money gamblers player slots. 59% play table games and poker.
- Canadian online casinos offer 13% higher rewards than land based establishments.
- The biggest progressive jackpot won in Canada was on Mega Moolah and was for $7.5million.
- Gambling wins are tax free.
- The legal age to gamble is 18 or 19 depending on the province you live in.
How to Choose the Best Online Casinos in Canada
Choosing the best gambling site to play at in Canada in 2020 doesn't have to be difficult and our best list will help you find the one that is right for you. Below are some of the things to look at.
- Bonus and Promotion: Welcome bonuses and regular promotions are important. They boost your bankroll and let you enjoy more free games. We look for no deposit bonuses, free spins, and lucrative deposit deals with fair wagering requirements and terms and conditions.
- Payment Options: You can't win if you can't fund your account. We check for Canada friendly banking methods such as Instadebit and eCheck as well as popular eWallets. Fast withdrawals are a must too. Check the cashout times in the banking section of the casino website.
- Game Portfolio: Let's be honest, the only reason to sign up with Canadian online casinos is to play great games. You'll want a site that has a substantial selection of titles. This should include slots, progressive jackpots, table games, video poker, and live dealer games.
- Customer Support: If a problem arises, it needs to be dealt with immediately. 24/7 support via live chat, email, and toll-free phone is required. We test the response rate and the quality of the responses given to the questions we ask.
- Safety & Security: No site makes our best list without being properly secured. This means the use of encryption technology to keep player data secure at all times.
- Licensing and Regulation: All the gambling establishments on our best list are licensed and regulated.
The Future of Gambling Online in the Great White North
There are some potential changes coming to Canadian gambling websites, and in particular to Ontario, the largest province. Plans are underway to end the online gambling monopoly Ontario currently holds and open it up to private companies. The news came in April 2019 with the delivery of the first new government budget and the announcement to widen the gambling options for Ontario residents. Aside from certain offshore casinos, currently, Ontarians can only gamble at PlayOLG, the provincially run site. This will lead to private operators to apply for a license to operate in Ontario.
No Deposit Bonuses for New Players
Free casino bonuses at Canadian sites are much sought after and reserved mainly for new signups. There are three different types of no deposit bonus in 2020. The best list of no deposit codes can be found here.
- Free Cash/Credits: Players receive a fixed amount of bonus money to play with. Usually around $15. It can be used to play slots and some other games risk-free.
- Free Spins: New customers get a number of complementary spins on a particular slot machine or a set of games. This can range north or south of 50 spins.
- Free Play/Time: A substantial credit balance is added to new player accounts and an hour is given in which to play and win as much as possible. Most games can be played with this no deposit bonus.
All no deposit bonuses come with playthrough requirements that must be met before a withdrawal is allowed. There is a maximum cashout too, usually around $100 though it can sometimes be more.
Real Money Bonuses for Existing and Loyal Casino Players
For regular customers a number of bonuses are available too. These include cashback deals, monthly reload bonuses, payment method offers, and loyalty bonuses. They all help to boost your bankroll and are a great way to keep players returning time and time again. The best list of regular player codes will include all the above.
5 Tips on Meeting Promo Wagering Requirements
- Read First: All bonuses have wagering requirements. Before choosing any gambling site, read the T&Cs and check the WR. Not all are created equal and some will be higher than others.
- Do The Math: Work out the playthrough in advance before committing to a bonus. This will help you keep track of your progress and meet the WR.
- Read the T&Cs: Inside these you'll find information on time limits, game contribution percentages, and any other restrictions you should be aware of. You don't want to win only to void your winnings.
- Play Games with 100% Contribution: The quickest way to meet wagering requirements is to play games that contribute 100%. This is usually slots but check for restricted games as well. Progressives are not allowed.
- Look for Wager-free offers: Wager-free spins are popular, and you don't have to worry about meeting the playthrough. Spin and win and cashout out straight away.
The Canadian online casinos best list for 2020 features top real money bonuses for all players and detailed reviews for every site mentioned is included on our site.